Wecome to my ramblings! On a positive note, this mad load of text may even help someone, which is the purpose of the thing. And to give me something to do when I can't sleep!
Thanks for visiting!

Tuesday 14 September 2010

Hello Blogsters!! Long time no hear!

 Well hello blogsters! I have not checked in for a while as I have been too high on life, er.... OK that's is a lie, but I have been tres' busy.
Lots of things have happened since my last check in. After recovering from a semi breakdown thanks to Asda online groceries (don't ask!) & Natwest -the helpful bank -NOT! I have actually had a very productive week for once! Although I am not due to see the mental health team till Friday (good job I have not offed myself by then during the 2 week wait for an appointment, hey?) for all the good they do, which is little in my experience. I have had to dig myself out of the trench as per. I know self medicating is not the answer, but desperate times call for desperate measures. As a result I have managed to re-set my body clock a little & have been up & about by 8am most days! Hoo-ray Henry! I have actually been partaking in life for once, & have decided to look into going back to uni to study nursing. I will be starting my evening job for the NHS soon & I have always wanted to be a nurse. I have an appointment to go to the uni open day at the end of October. If I do manage to survive the nightmare journey to get there, & all the skinny Model type students remains to be seen! I will keep you posted.
 I have been loving the morning strolls into town after the school run in the Autumn sunshine. I have been doing a lot of walking lately in the hope of renewing my relationship with my waist - whom I have not seen in a long time. No results as yet, not that I am impatient, I am just sick of looking 6 months pregnant all the time. 
The kids have benefited from me being up & around, home cooking (although the macaroni cheese I made yesterday could have been used to build walls) & unfortunately, homework!! I caught my eldest Son forging my signature in his HW planner so as to avoid my finding out he had a detention for non completion of Math HW. He is now in Home HW boot camp! Which went down like a cold cup of spew! The thing that most upsets me as a Bo Polar sufferer is the time missed with my kids, not being around if they need me. This week I have been around, both as loving interested Mum, & Homework tyrant Mum. It feels fantastic to be back, although at the present time my eldest Son may disagree!
I have not been to an AA meeting in over a week though so I do need to force myself into that again. TBH I have been doing so well that I did not want to spoil it sitting in a room full of (real) cranks!! And believe me, some of them are! How am I supposed to take seriously a Man who openly talks about being caught in the wardrobe by his wife, wearing nothing but clingfilm & a gas mask?? And this guy is 13 years sober!! I suppose the good thing is that I at least come out of there feeling half normal! I don't mean to slate AA, just some of the freaks that go there. I will never be able to watch a WW2 film again after hearing that, I have been tainted!

Anyway, I am off to watch the Queen Vic being blown up again for the 5th time (it's therapy!) & to drink another pint of tea. I also have a hot bubble bath running with my name on it. Till next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Then go for it!